Welfare and Pensions Officers
Maryborough RSL Welfare and Pensions Officers are available to provide many free services, advice and assistance to our Serving and Ex-Service members of Australian and Allied Defence Forces, current and ex-service Police employed on UN peacekeeping duties, War Widow(er)s, and their respective families.
All of our Pension and Welfare Officers hold a Commonwealth Police Check and Blue Card, and maintain currency in DVA Training Information Programs.
Our Welfare Officers:
Visit St. Stephens Hospital Maryborough and Maryborough Base Hospital on a weekly basis, visiting all Veterans admitted that hold a DVA White or Gold Card
Visit District Care Facilities - RSL Care Chelsea and Yaralla Place on a weekly basis, and willing to visit Groundwater Lodge, Fair Haven and other facilities when the Welfare Section are notified
Visit Veterans at home, and give support and advice to family members of our Veterans and War Widows
Are available by appointment at times suitable by arrangement with the Welfare Officer.
Our Pensions Officers:
- Assist Service and Ex-Service Veterans who require professional advice and assistance including claims for entitlements, applications for increase in Disability Pensions, Transport arrangements, Re-imbursement of Travel Expenses, advice on concerns on assets or savings that might affect your pension, and more
- Assist with claims for a Pension by a Widow, Widower or a Dependent child of a deceased Veteran
- Assist in preparing applications for review from adverse decisions in relation to such applications
- Provide advice concerning Welfare issues, including liaison with Ex-Service Organisations, Federal, State or Local Government or other agencies to obtain medical, housing or other benefits and services where the individual qualifies for such assistance
- Are available by appointment Monday to Thursday mornings, and other times more suitable by arrangement with the Pensions Officer.
In addition to Pensions and Welfare Officers, Maryborough RSL have a Funeral Officer available to give the RSL Service at the funerals of our Veterans. Local Funeral Directors will contact the RSL directly, when the family requests the RSL Service to be included as part of the Veterans Service. Maryborough RSL Sub Branch Pensions and Welfare section remain available to support the families of our deceased Veterans.
Whether it’s for a bit of company, if you need some assistance at home but don’t know who to call, if you’re unsure about your entitlements, or there’s anything else we can do for you – all you need to do is call 4122 2321 to arrange an appointment.
Pensions Officer Nadia O’Connor is available by appointment at the Maryborough RSL Monday to Wednesday 10am until 12 noon.
Welfare Officers George Mellick and Julia McCarthy are available either at the Maryborough RSL or for home visits by pre-arranged appointment.
Maryborough RSL Adelaide Street Reception hours are 9:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, call 4122 2321.